In accordance with Virginia Executive Orders from the Governor, the VOSH Consultation Program, following state and federal requirements to reduce the spread of COVID-19, is scheduling on-site walkthroughs of client’s facilities.
What to expect: The assigned VOSH consultant will conduct a COVID-19 risk assessment of employers seeking an onsite consultation visit. The consultant will request specifics regarding effectiveness of that COVID-19 exposure control plan. The plan must incorporate the latest VOSH requirements outlined in 16 VAC25-220 Infectious Disease Prevention: SARS-CoV-2 Virus That Causes COVID-19.
If elements of the employer’s COVID-19 plan need bolstered, the consultant will make those recommendations before scheduling the onsite visit. To maximize social distancing in the visit process and reduce consultant’s time onsite to the greatest extent:
- portions of the opening and closing conferences with the assigned consultant may be conducted via Zoom or telephone with documentation shared via email; and
- all feasible portions of the visit, for example reviews of written safety and health programs, training records, and OSHA injury/illness records, will be conducted confidentially via email.
Benefits: Our program is a state/federally funded program so there is no cost to the employer. We will help you understand and comply with the Virginia Occupational Safety and Health (VOSH) standards.
Other benefits include:
- Access to high quality trained safety and industrial hygiene services at your location
- Identify and correct potential safety and health hazards in your workplace
- Answer your questions about OSHA/VOSH standards
- Reduce workplace injuries and illnesses
- Reduce worker’s compensation costs
- Strengthen your safety and health programs
- Avoid OSHA citations and penalties
- Qualify for deferral or exemption from programmed VOSH inspections
- Training by qualified staff that can be done at your convenience
- Industrial hygiene sampling
- Program development
- Improve morale among employees
- Recognition for participation in SHARP
Enter SHARP program now! Check if you’re eligible.
Consultation Services firstname.lastname@example.org
Consultation Newsletter – First Edition
Anthony Bowers with Colonial Webb Contractors – “I believe that the consultation arm has helped us prevent injuries and illnesses and improved our culture of caring and close call communicating.”
Mark Haggenmaker of Barton Malow – “Have you ever taken a test and were so nervous you would fail and then all of a sudden someone shows up and hands you all of the answers to the test. Then they give the answers to the questions that aren’t even on the test.
Welcome to the totally free, totally professional side of DOLI/VOSH. Consultation will not only come assist you and your workers on your site, but they will assist even when they can’t get to your site. Over the past five years significant relationships have developed for not only Barton Malow Company but for our subcontractors as well.
Free help to keep our workers safe, what company won’t buy that?
Remember stay on the BRIGHT side before the DARK side arrives.”
Stephanie Harbin of VFP – “The VOSH Consultation Program has been a huge help to VFP, Inc. We have used this service for the past two years and I couldn’t be more pleased with the advice and expertise they have provided us. We are so glad to know about the Consultation Program and we plan to schedule one every year. More companies should take advantage of this free service which helps ensure the safety of our employees.”